Monday, October 8, 2012

Roadblock


Here's the start of a new piece...still not sure if this will make it to painting stage or if I'll abandon it and start something fresh.

I've been kicking around this idea in my head for the last couple of days and could see part of the image in my mind's eye. I probably should do a bunch of thumbnails to work out some of the compositional elements but I find that much of what ends up on paper is something that I work out in my head while I'm walking the dog, or taking a shower, or more often, right when I'm falling asleep. Anything missing usually works itself out as I'm sketching the initial drawing. Today, however, I got about this far in and then everything that I started to add to the background just didn't work. Thank goodness for kneaded erasers. I hope tomorrow will be a better day at the drawing table.







Autumn colors are starting to peek out at my local neighborhood park. I actually remembered to bring my phone with me today on the late morning walk so here's a quick pic.






No comments:

Post a Comment